Nemcourblog

Thursday, July 21, 2005

How does a monsoon rain look like

July is month of Monsoon in India. Actually, it starts from June and last about three months or so.

Originally, I thought it will be raining all the time, but when I came to Aurangabad last week, I was told this area is on the edge of raining area and from here to the east is the dry area.So the whole last week sun was shining and there was almost no rain. The first real monsoon rain I saw started yesterday. The nature here was already green, obviously because of the rains in previous weeks. But only after this rain I knew the purpose of bridges built across dry ditches and river-basins. After whole-day rain I also realised that there were no drain covers along the streets. In the afternoon, the sides of streets were no more visible because of the flowing water. Later, the water was also on the middle of some streets. The water was falling from the sky so strongly that one become wet after several seconds being outside. It looked like if you pour the water out of the bucket.

Luxurious buildings like shops where we used to buy different things or hotels where we stay or restaurants where we used to eat use as a base material marble. It is very glossy and looks fabulous, but it is not very smart to put it on the floor which can be wet. Now I know it very good that it is not clever to step on a wet marble like on any other material :-)

I hope rains like this will help this country not to have so bad droughts afterwards. It is strange - I do not like a lot of things here, the dirt, unkept public areas, people who do not appear to think much of their lives - but somehow, as I think this visit is my last here, I feel I like many things here and want to come here again. To see the progress this country is making really fast. To see the people I know once again. Or just to be here, breathe this air and see the nature when it is green. I know I will somehow miss this country.

I have to go now. Good bye, India!

1 Comments:

  • Hey Buddu. I am very sure u will miss India. But trust me people in India will be very happy to see u gone :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21 July, 2005 15:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home