Nemcourblog

Monday, May 09, 2005

Going to India again

Right now, I am sitting in the plane heading for Indian Mumbai, or, in English, Bombay. We have taken off from Zurich at about 11 AM and this flight will end in about 5 hours. That means that we have spent more than three our on board right now. It is very hard to get concentrate here, because every time you are on a pretty good way to have a sleep, the cabin crew comes and brings you something for eat or for drink. I am full of it right now as I had three breakfasts and one large lunch today. Right now, we are crossing Turkey-Iraqis border and someone may be a little bit afraid of that air space. But I do not suppose something to happen… We are flying Swiss and I have to say, it is the best of the flight companies I have tried. It is not so strong word, because I have tried only three flight companies only. :-)

This time, we are going to be in India for two weeks only and the main goal of our trip is to make integration tests and data migration tests. I am really curious about it because we did the setting for Indian taxes to the last moment on Friday. We implemented last SAP patches for the system to be in the best condition :-) I am sure we have done what we could and now I am really curious about the results of the upcoming testing. OK, enough of work, it is a little bit boring for all readers I am sure.

On Sunday, I have made some changes on my historical web pages – www.dejepis.com. I have added a map of Schlieffen’s plan, which consists of four stages in the WW I chapter. I strongly feel it has to be done something with the pages – wait a minute, I have to fasten my seatbelt as some turbulences occur… It has to be reviewed, revised, I should add more pictures, maps, tables, more visualization, more interactivity, but… I have so little time. One good thing about having a work is that you have a source of money. It is no problem, but… the other one is that you do not have any time. I cannot imagine to have a family – how does the people do it?
I am looking forward to the finish of this project, because I believe I will have more time. I have my own projects I have to work on – and I want to work on them. I am still webmaster of Christian pages at www.3pe.cz, and I want to improve them as well. The Indian project is supposed to be finished in July, which is only two months, and really, I am looking forward to it… :-)

OK, enough of complaints… I am going to think about something, start some development or do something; I have about three more hours of capacity of this laptop’s battery.

Have a nice day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home